How to Pay Plane Ticket Online with Dragonpay Direct Debit
Whenever I book a flight either for myself or for others, I always choose to pay with Dragonpay Direct Debit mainly because it’s FREE of charge. It’s not the most convenient type of payment because there are more instructions to follow but I’d rather do it than pay additional P200-300 if I choose other payment options like credit card or over-the-counter payments.
Dragonpay Corporation is a progressive, alternative online payment provider based in the Philippines. (Source)
Before I booked the flight, I first enrolled Dragonpay in my BDO Account. Then I went to the nearest BDO ATM (machine) to activate the enrollment.
I chose to enroll Dragonpay with my BDO account because I find the enrollment and activation procedures easier than the other banks. No need to submit documents or line up in the bank.
Once Dragonpay shows up in our BDO online account, then it’s ready to be used as a payment option. But make sure that we have enough balance to pay for our purchases. Remember it is debit and not credit.
And here are the steps on how to pay plane tickets with Dragonpay Direct Debit payment option:
- The final part when booking a flight is payment. Click Internet Banking (Direct Debit) and tick the radio button for Dragonpay then hit Submit payment.
- For Source, click the drop down arrow and choose your preferred bank (mine is BDO). Then enter your email address and hit Select.
- Click Send Instructions via Email and wait until you see the confirmation page.
- Check your email. You should receive an email from Dragonpay with the Subject: Deposit Instruction for Transaction Ref:____. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Login to your online banking account. (I logged in to my BDO account). Click on the right arrow and click Transfer Funds.
- For Transfer to, click the drop down arrow and choose Dragonpay account.
- Enter the exact amount of the payment and the reference number that was sent to your email. Hit Submit.
- Check the details and make sure everything is correct before you hit Continue.
- After successfully transferring your money, copy the last 6 digits of the FT Reference Number.
- Paste/Enter the last 6 digits of the FT Reference Number on the box and click Validate.
- You’ll initially see this page after you click Validate. Just retry after 2-5 minutes.
- Finally, you’ll see this Confirmation Page with the Booking Number and the amount paid. Check your email for your Flight Itinerary and print it.
That’s it! It seems long and complicated but I think it’s worth the P200-300 savings. 🙂
Disclaimer: The screenshots were personally taken from a flight that I booked with Air Asia Philippines today, November 6, 2014. Charges may differ depending on the airline or payment option. For more accurate details and information, you may contact your preferred airline directly. This is for informational purposes only and I’m not liable for any charges that you may incur in the process. For more information about Dragonpay, click here.
I like using Dragonpay too. It’s a good thing that it’s a regular merchant in Metrobank Direct so I didn’t have to enroll it anymore. I agree that paying extra for using a credit card is such a hassle!
Thanks for dropping by, Ate Jill! 🙂
Hi! How long did you wait for the approval of the enrollment?
if i remember it correctly, the next day after i activated it thru atm, nag-appear na kagad ung dragonpay sa bdo account ko and i was able to book and pay right there and then.
Hi Janice. Good morning! I hope you can help me on my problem: Yesterday (March 20, 2015) I booked a flight good for 2 persons at Airasia website. I paid the e-tickets thru Dragonpay Corporation with my BDO online banking amounting to PHP 4,521.60. Upon validation of my payment, I noticed that I cannot encode the Last 6 digits of FT Ref. No. as required for validation because there was an error which states: ERROR: Reference number expired already. How can I get back my money or can I use my money for booking another flight?
I also got that error before and I had to do it again because as far I remember, the code or something was only valid for 30 minutes. It wasn’t credited until it was successful. Have you checked your account balance if the amount has been deducted?
Hi Janice, I had the same problem as Edwin. Worse thing is, i was already credited. Are you familiar with what to do? I already contacted them, though they can get back to me only by 8:00am to 7:00pm. I hope you can help. Thanks!
Hi i also experience this now using dragonpay via BPI online banking, the sad part is no reference number was being issued when paying using BPI, i was redirected to BPI online website to login my account then they send an OTP. However, it says unable to proceed so i repeat the process only to find out that my BPI was deducted twiced already.
Hi. Please help me. I also had the same problem today. the reference # cannot be validated as it says that it was expired. What can I do? Please help. The flight is on Monday.
Hello! Mine was fixed. Just send your concerns via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and just wait for them to validate it. I hope this helps everyone!
Oh, glad you’re issue has been resolved.
Thanks for the info.
Hello Viel. Just want know if when did Dragonpay validate your payment for you. Was it the next day? I am having the same experience now so I opened a help ticket since today June 12 is holiday and their support is not available. They can only attend to my concern tomorrow. I believe the booking will only be on hold by AirAsia for a few hours until the payment is successfully validated so I am afraid my booking will no longer be confirmed the next day. Thanks in advance.