I’m currently a voluntary member of SSS or the Philippine Social Security System, and I pay my contributions quarterly. Today is July 10 and it is the last day to pay my contributions for the last quarter which includes the months of April, May, and June 2015.
I went to SM, where I usually pay my SSS contribution through their Business Services, and it’s the nearest and most convenient payment center for me. I was lucky because I was accommodated immediately and I didn’t have to wait and line up in long queue like what I normally do.
In this post, I will share with you some information and tips on how and where to pay your SSS contributions as a Voluntary, Self-employed, or OFW member.
- How much should you pay for your SSS Contribution?
Your contribution is based on how much your compensation is. Below is the latest SSS Table of Contribution of 2015. The minimum contribution for SE (Self-Employed), VM (Voluntary Member), and OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) is Php 110 if your compensation ranges from Php 1,000 to Php 1,249; while the maximum is Php 1,760 if it ranges from Php 15,750 and higher.
- When to Pay your SSS Contribution?
For Household Employers, Self-Employed, and Voluntary Members except OFW members, you can pay your contributions on or before the deadline. The payment deadline falls on the month following the applicable month or quarter.
For example in my case, since I need to pay my contributions for the previous quarter including the months of April, May, and June, the payment deadline is in July. What specific date in July? Here’s the guideline.
- If the 10th (last) digit of your Social Security Number ends in 1 or 2, the deadline is on the 10th day of the following month.
- If the 10th (last) digit of your Social Security Number ends in 3 or 4, the deadline is on the 15th day of the following month.
- If the 10th (last) digit of your Social Security Number ends in 5 or 6, the deadline is on the 20th day of the following month.
- If the 10th (last) digit of your Social Security Number ends in 7 or 8, the deadline is on the 25th day of the following month.
- If the 10th (last) digit of your Social Security Number ends in 9 or 0, the deadline is on the last day of the following month.
In my case, the last digit of my SS number is 1, and the deadline of my payment for the last quarter (April, May, June) is the 10th of the following month, and that’s today, July 10.
Why is it important to know the payment deadline?
Because if you miss to pay on or before the deadline, you won’t be able to pay your contributions for the previous months. SSS does not accept retroactive payments.
- Where to Pay SSS Contribution as a Voluntary Member?
There are several payment centers and options where you can pay your contributions.
SSS Payment Facilities
- SSS Main Office – Cashiering Department
- SSS Branch Tellering Counters
- CIS Bayad Centers
- SM Business Centers
- SSS-accredited Commercial Banks
For Members Abroad
- PNB Overseas Payment System
- How to check if your payment was accepted and posted online?
- Go to sss.gov.ph (preferrably with Internet Explorer)
- Log in to your SSS Online Account (If you don’t have it yet, you have to register first. Click HERE to know how).
- At the E-Services Page, hover your mouse over Member Info, and under that, click Actual Premiums. (Click HERE to see my video on this).
I also created a video to guide you on how, when, and where to pay your SSS Contributions.
Read Next: How to Invest in SSS Flexi Fund