Whenever I book a flight either for myself or for others, I always choose to pay with Dragonpay Direct Debit mainly because it’s FREE of charge. It’s not the most convenient type of payment because there are more instructions to follow but I’d rather do it than pay additional P200-300 if I choose other payment options like credit card or over-the-counter payments.
Dragonpay Corporation is a progressive, alternative online payment provider based in the Philippines. (Source)
Before I booked the flight, I first enrolled Dragonpay in my BDO Account. Then I went to the nearest BDO ATM (machine) to activate the enrollment.
I chose to enroll Dragonpay with my BDO account because I find the enrollment and activation procedures easier than the other banks. No need to submit documents or line up in the bank.
Once Dragonpay shows up in our BDO online account, then it’s ready to be used as a payment option. But make sure that we have enough balance to pay for our purchases. Remember it is debit and not credit.
And here are the steps on how to pay plane tickets with Dragonpay Direct Debit payment option:
- The final part when booking a flight is payment. Click Internet Banking (Direct Debit) and tick the radio button for Dragonpay then hit Submit payment.
- For Source, click the drop down arrow and choose your preferred bank (mine is BDO). Then enter your email address and hit Select.
- Click Send Instructions via Email and wait until you see the confirmation page.
- Check your email. You should receive an email from Dragonpay with the Subject: Deposit Instruction for Transaction Ref:____. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Login to your online banking account. (I logged in to my BDO account). Click on the right arrow and click Transfer Funds.
- For Transfer to, click the drop down arrow and choose Dragonpay account.
- Enter the exact amount of the payment and the reference number that was sent to your email. Hit Submit.
- Check the details and make sure everything is correct before you hit Continue.
- After successfully transferring your money, copy the last 6 digits of the FT Reference Number.
- Paste/Enter the last 6 digits of the FT Reference Number on the box and click Validate.
- You’ll initially see this page after you click Validate. Just retry after 2-5 minutes.
- Finally, you’ll see this Confirmation Page with the Booking Number and the amount paid. Check your email for your Flight Itinerary and print it.
That’s it! It seems long and complicated but I think it’s worth the P200-300 savings. 🙂
Disclaimer: The screenshots were personally taken from a flight that I booked with Air Asia Philippines today, November 6, 2014. Charges may differ depending on the airline or payment option. For more accurate details and information, you may contact your preferred airline directly. This is for informational purposes only and I’m not liable for any charges that you may incur in the process. For more information about Dragonpay, click here.